We bring a new warranty solution designed specifically for electric vehicles
The car is rapidly becoming electrified, the single biggest revolution in the automotive world in over a century. From both a sustainability and driving perspective, you’re making a great choice in buying an Electric Car.
We want to ensure your future is hassle free.
We’ve developed a specialised EV warranty to deliver piece of mind for years to come. Dealing with us is easy, just because your car is electric you shouldn’t compromise your expectations in terms of warranty coverage over a more traditionally-powered vehicle.
You’ll deal with real people and receive quality service when you need it over the course of your 3 Year Warranty. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Like you, we’re thinking ahead.
We have your back!
Unique EV Cover
We have developed the broadest cover warranty dedicated to EV technology in NZ.
In the event of the breakdown, flat battery or if you’re locked out, we will help you get going again. Or tow you to the nearest charging station. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Mechanical and Electrical Cover
An extensive coverage of most components in your EV, including computers, batteries and other electrical components.
Easy Claims Process
As a specialist EV warranty provider, our team are here to help you and make the process as fast and easy as possible for you.
We are real people.
Call our help desk.
We’re here to help. Simply call our breakdown assistance or warranty claim line on 0800 revelectric ( 0800 738 353).
We’ll come to the rescue.
From there we’ll tell you exactly how we’ll resolve things and keep you in the loop the whole way.
Work needed? No Worries.
If repair work is needed, we’ll make sure the car is returned is in good health and safe for the road again.
A qualified vehicle repairer authorised by EV Protect to carry out the repair of the Vehicle.
This Warranty Policy and any endorsements (if any) there on within the specified term of the Warranty Policy in months and specified start date.
Any sudden and unforeseen mechanical or electrical failure.
The vehicle, and only that vehicle, covered by this Warranty Policy.
Excess is the amount you must contribute toward a claim for each event that occurs.
2. Mechanical Breakdown
Should a Mechanical Breakdown occur and conditions of failure are within the specified terms and conditions of the Warranty Policy, EV Protect agrees to engage an Authorised Repairer to conduct work to the Vehicle. Payment will include a reasonable cost required to repair the Vehicle the failed
component or components related to the Mechanical Breakdown to a condition not inferior to that at the Warranty Start Date. EV Protect reserves the right to source and supply parts to remedy the Mechanical Breakdown.
3. Limits of the Warranty
A. The maximum liability of the Warranty Policy will be limited to the evaluated market value of the Vehicle.
B. The Excess applies to each and every unrelated claim accepted by EV Protect. Unrelated claims are repairs whereby one component has not directly caused the failure of another. In this instance, each repair is treated as a separate and unrelated claim.
This This Warranty does not cover: Any claim arising from defects which were in existence at the time the Vehicle was purchased, or at the time this Warranty Policy was applied.
• Where the Vehicle is not maintained and serviced in accordance with the Vehicle Service Programme outlined in this Warranty.
• Any Mechanical Breakdown resulting from repairs conducted outside off the claims procedure.
• Any costs arising from diagnosing a repair where the repair is not covered by this Warranty Policy.
• Any Mechanical Breakdown subject to manufacturer’s (vehicle or part’s supplier) recall or to any repairs covered by any other form of insurance, warranty or guarantee.
• Any Mechanical Breakdown to the Vehicle or liability arising from any misuse, or abuse, external damage/cause or act or oversight.
• Any claims that are fraudulent.
• Any costs arising from corrosion, rust or fair and reasonable deterioration.
• Any repairs caused by rubber, plastic or composite parts failure due to fair and reasonable deterioration of materials.
• Any costs arising from time off road, loss of time or inconvenience, storage facility charges, accidental damage, fire, theft, or any other losses as consequence.
• Any costs from accompanying or consequential damage attributed to failure of a component not covered by the Warranty Policy.
• Any Mechanical Breakdown, damage, accident or loss either contributed to a direct result of Vehicle modifications outside the parameters of the manufacturer’s original specification.
• Any costs attributed to rectifying defective or faulty parts and/or labour outside of Approved Repairers.
• Any costs for regular servicing, maintenance or adjustment of any component.
• Any sundry repair expenses.
• Any costs relating to the repair or replacement of friction materials or wear and tear items including clutch discs, clutch pressure plates, flywheels, brake shoe linings/disc pads, bushes, mountings, shock absorbers, air suspension bags, tyres and wheels, wheel alignment and balancing.
• Mechanical, electric or electro hydraulic convertible roof / folding hardtop and associated mechanisms (other than the convertible roof motor), seats and associated mechanical components (other than the seat motor), sunroofs and associated mechanical components (other than the sunroof motor).
• Any repairs to or replacement of bodywork, glass, cosmetic items, door locks/remotes, head, fog or tail light lenses, bulbs or components, mirrors and associated mechanisms, handles, hinges, paintwork, satellite navigation systems, seat belts, gas struts, trim, upholstery, friction material due to fair and reasonable wear and tear.
5. Lithium Ion Battery Cover
EV Protect will warranty against capacity loss in batteries that fall below the manufacturers recommended minimum level for three years or 100,000kms whichever comes first. For vehicles whose batteries have fallen below the manufacturer’s recommended minimum level, EV Protect will repair or replace the battery under warranty with a new or remanufactured battery to restore capacity at or above minimum level recommended.
6. Qualifying Vehicles
This Warranty covers the Vehicles noted below only
2014 and newer Nissan Leaf models
2014 and newer Nissan eNV200 models
2014 and newer Mitsubishi imev models
7. EV Protect Roadservice
Each vehicle is eligible for the benefits of New ZealandRoadside Assist (NZRA) twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Should Vehicle suffer one of the failures listed below and cannot be driven just telephone 0800 REV ELECTRIC and advise you are a REV Protect customer quoting the Registration Number. Rev Protect will arrange to have the vehicle taken to the nearest charging station of capable charging facility depot or place of safety if not available as per Rev Protects discretion. For running the vehicle out of charge, Rev Protect will assist but the costs to provide this service will be at the policy holder’s expense.
Lost keys or lock outs
Rev Protect will assist with attempted entry to vehicles requested / instructed to by the registered vehicle owner. Rev Protect / NZRA will not be held liable for any damage to the vehicle if asked to attempt a break in. Locksmith services can be arranged at policy holder’s expense.
Rev Protect will fit the serviceable spare-wheel where the owner
must have the required equipment including puzzle or locking nut
keys in a puncture situation and can arrange mobile or in house
tyre replacement or repair services at the policy holder’s expense.
If the vehicle cannot be mobilized due to a mechanical breakdown, Rev Protect includes an initial tow back to the closest repairer or place of safety if not available. If the customer requests for the vehicle to be towed to another location the policy holder may have to pay for these costs. Towing costs are not covered for vehicles that the drivers have run out of charge, this will be at the owners cost.
If the registered vehicle has been immobilised due to an accident, theft or vandalism, Rev Protect / NZRA will provide the necessary advice to the owner. Rev Protect / NZRA can arrange accommodation, taxi, rentals etc at the owner’s expense which could be claimed back via their insurer.
• In the event of an acceptable claim EV Protect will pay for the time taken to repair the Vehicle as determined by a recognised and current flat rate manual as supplied by the manufacturer, MTA or similar authority.
• Any repairs commenced or carried out without prior approval will not be covered.
8. Vehicle Service Programme
• All servicing should be carried out by an approved service facility
• The first service within the warranty period must be completed within 15,000km since the Warranty Start Date.
• The minimum service requirements there after:
• The servicing required to be carried out in accordance with the Vehicle Service Programme is the responsibility of the warranty holder and failure to complete the service requirements may result in your claim being declined.
Minimum Service Requirements are:
• Check all fluid levels and top up if necessary
• Check CV joints and boots
• Check braking system
• Check steering and suspension systems
*The Lithium Ion battery is to be tested for charge capacity and the result is to be noted on the service record
Please record all servicing on the “Service Record” page.
9. Claims Procedure
• In the event of a Mechanical Breakdown – phone 0800REV ELECTRIC
• All repairs must be carried out by an Authorised Repairer. Failure to comply may result in the claim being declined.
• In the event of a claim the warranty holder must supply a copy of the relevant invoice relating to the servicing requirements as outlined in the Vehicle Service Programme.
• The warranty holder will be required to authorise any dismantling required to determine if there is a valid claim under the Warranty. Costs for dismantling are covered subject to the Limits of Liability and terms and conditions contained in this Warranty should a subsequent acceptable claim arise.
• A claim form may need to be completed prior to the acceptance of a claim.
EV Protect may at any time cancel this Warranty by giving (7) seven day’s notice in writing to the Warranty holder at their last known address. After such cancellation, EV Protect will refund the unused part of the Warranty cost. The cancellation shall be effective as from 4pm on the seventh day after
posting or personal delivery of the notice of cancellation.
The Warranty cannot be assigned to any other party or vehicle without the express consent of EV Protect
12. Goods and Services Tax (GST)
All dollar amounts expressed in this Warranty are inclusive of GST (where applicable)
14. Service Record
Important: The 1st Service must be carried out prior to the Vehicle travelling 5,000 km since purchase. Thereafter all Vehicles are to be serviced in accordance with the Vehicle Service programme outlined in this Warranty. A photocopy of this service record and all service invoices will be required
in the event of a claim. Any advice given to the Warranty holder concerning the service is to be noted on the service invoice for future reference purposes.
15. Important Notices
Warranty Issuer Details
This Warranty is provided by EV Protect Level 2, 4 Newton Road Grey Lynn Auckland
Rev Protect / NZRA shall not be held responsible for and is not required to provide any Services where any of the following occur:
Where the Vehicle has undergone unauthorised modifications (including without limitation any replacements, removals or additions) not in conformity
to the manufacturer’s specifications or the Vehicle has been modified for racing, trials, or rallying or any Accident or any claim for Service has arisen in respect of such races, trials, rallies or participation in such activities. Where the Vehicle is carrying more passengers or towing a greater weight than that for which it was designed as stated in the manufacturers specifications or arising from or connection with the improper, unauthorised, reckless or
negligent operation of the Vehicle or misuse of the Vehicle. Loss or damage directly or indirectly occasioned by or happening or in consequence of war, invasion, weather events, terrorism, riot, or civil commotion or sabotage or any other similar events. Provision of Services requested is outside New Zealand. Mechanical breakdown due to driver related damage or misuse of the vehicle. The Vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition displaying a current WOF. Rev Protect / NZRA shall not be held responsible for any damage to or theft of objects and accessories that are left in or outside the Vehicle but exercise all due care to leave the vehicle secure where able to do so. Rev Protect / NZRA will not be responsible for the cost of any breakdowns resulting from unauthorised repairs or from faulty workmanship. NZRA will not carry out towing from a repairers premise or garage. Rev Protect / NZRA will not be responsible for the cost of any breakdowns caused by the fitting of accessories to the Vehicle which are not genuine or approved by the manufacturer. The vehicle is not accessible by a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle or is bogged/stuck. Costs relating to parts, labour and any other associated costs for the repair of the member’s vehicle, including replacement batteries or tyres, shall be at the cost of the member. Any subsequent call outs required after the initial failure for the same related case will be at the owner’s expense. Once the Driver has contacted Rev Protect, it is vital that
they remain with the Vehicle at the designated time of arrival of the service contractor.